Sunday, August 20, 2006

4 tough miles

I've become a "weekend warrior". I don't run all week, and then I try and get out there for the "long" run on Sunday. In this case the "long" run was all of 4 miles, but it was really tough today.

I met a couple of friends at 8:30 for the run. And it was already pretty freaking hot! I had on a sleeveless tech shirt, but it was just really hot out there. Also, there's the talking thing. I usually run alone. I know you're supposed to run at a speed at which you feel comfortable talking. Maybe I don't normally do that - since I never really talk to myself. But the running and talking was kind of tough.

I did finish out for the 4 miles, but I had to stop a lot. I've been toying with the idea with going up to New Haven for the 5K on Labor Day (though my call schedule isn't set yet), but I'm not sure I can finish a 5k!! We'll see...

Tomorrow's another long day at work, but I'm hoping Tuesday is better. Maybe I'll get out there for a short run sometime.

2 Comments:

Blogger tinablue87 said...

I don't want to slow you down but I certainly enjoyed the run! I would have given up much sooner so keep up the running and be an inspiration to the rest of us.

Monday, August 21, 2006  
Blogger jeanne said...

you can finish a 5k! come on! you might not PR, but you can finish! I like the new haven idea--will give you a goal.

And...remember, at least you were out there running! that's more the most people are doing at that hour!

Monday, August 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home