Thursday, August 10, 2006

Look what I found!

Ok, I didn't wake up early yesterday. Or today. But I did go play tennis yesterday. I had seen these courts that were being renovated last summer when I was running. It took me a while to find out how to drive there last night, but I made it. There's a whole bunch of new courts there. Unfortunately I got paged pretty quickly after I started, and had to go back to the hospital. But I did get a little tennis in, and it always takes a few sessions to get back into it anyway.

While I was there I found this gorgeous running track.



I'd seen this track last summer too, but there was a sign there about needing a permit. I'd gone online at the time, and couldn't figure out how to get one. Then I kind of just forgot about it. Last night, at about 7pm, it was packed. I'm pretty sure not everybody there had a permit. In fact, I'd be surprised if there was even one person there who actually had one!

So I'm looking forward to going back and giving the track a whirl. (Mostly so I can sound all cool, and put things like "4 x 400" in my posts!)


2 Comments:

Blogger jeanne said...

ha ha!! i love putting that stuff in my posts, too: 4x1600...this week i was supposed to put in 16x400...but oh well, life intervened!

Friday, August 11, 2006  
Blogger David said...

It does look pretty cool.

How do you find tennis partners? Is there such a thing as pick-up tennis?

signed,

The Happy Hungarian

Friday, August 11, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home