Wednesday, October 11, 2006

8 x 400m




Track workout today. Still felt my shins, but not so bad. Thursday I'll rest, and try to get in my LSD Friday.

I tried to run a lap fast, and then run one slow. Except that I was wiped after each run, and ended up walking the laps in between. Maybe that's not so bad, but those walking laps were slow. I think I probably pushed too hard on the fast laps, and that hampered my ability to run (or jog) the slower ones.

My splits:
1:52
1:43
1:37
1:52
1:58
1:46
1:45
1:38

Yeah, not so good on the consistency. I definitely tried to run some faster and some slower, but oveall I wasn't really able to pace myself well. According to this Hal Higdon training schedule, I was supposed to run this at 5K pace. Using my PR as my pace, I should therefore have run 1:56 laps. (Although since I'd like to improve on that 5K time, my feeling is that I should be aiming for something like 1:45 to 1:50 laps.) So next time, I'll try and slow it down.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice job :)

So I was at a speed workout once and the coach was like, why do you look so tired? Well, I want to improve my 5K so I'm trying to run faster than what you have me down as supposed to run. His reply, umm, well, you should be running these workouts as fast as you ARE right now. Not how fast as you want to be. When you get better...THEN you can run faster!

Anyway, cheerio!

Wednesday, October 11, 2006  
Blogger tinablue87 said...

Glad we did it in the morning. It's been pouring the rest of the day.

Wednesday, October 11, 2006  
Blogger Darrell said...

I have a hard time getting my head around the idea of speedwork, it all seems so complicated. I know its not, but my poor head gets all crazy just thinking about it. I'm impressed with your last one being seriously faster than the first.

Thursday, October 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home