Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Still hurts

I was able to get the 4 miles in today, but my shins were throbbing again. :-( It doesn't feel like any specific part is hurting, but rather all of both shins just throbbed. It was almost as if I've never run that far before.

I'm going to try the track tomorrow, and see if short repeats feel diffrent. Thursday I'm scheduled for a rest, since I'd like to run long on Friday. This weekend is the last in the series of Jewish holidays before I get my Sunday's back.

By the way, thanks for all of your advice on the shoes. I ordered another pair of Nimbus VII's online, and I'm hoping to get them in the next couple of days. Maybe I'm being unrealistic, but I'm really hoping the new shoes will help a lot.

2 Comments:

Blogger LeahC said...

hey danny-

my shins have just been starting to feel better. could it be a shoe issue? also dixie cups filled with water, then frozen and used as an ice massage seem to help a bit.......

Wednesday, October 11, 2006  
Blogger kivster said...

danny - think it's time for new shoes - bet this past week has been a lot of unnecessary pain for you. can't wait to be back and running - my foot is feeling much better this morning, though still in pain (gonna hit the elliptical again today for some cross/cardio this morning for you). I will stretch on the plane (flying home in style tonight).

What time we running on Friday, I am gonna be on the UWS for SA/ST. If for whatever reason you don't feel up for the track today - I would probably be interested in some speed work on Thursday.

Btw, great idea with the dixie cups leahc, maybe I should try that. Cya soon.

Wednesday, October 11, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home