Friday, October 06, 2006

Towpath Trail

I'm here in Cleveland with all my brothers and their families. It's a lot of fun, and the kids are really cute.

From my blog reading, I remembered people running on something called the Towpath here. I didn't have time on my last visit, but this time I knew I'd have time before everyone else got straightened out this morning. I did a few google searches and found some maps. Coincedentally, the Towpath Marathon is being held this Sunday. If it wasn't another holiday for me, I probably would have signed up for the accompanying 5k.

Anyway, this morning I headed out there for a run. The path is mostly dirt and asphalt, and pretty flat. My shins are still a little tight, but after the first mile or so, they were (mostly) ok. I ended up doing just over 8 miles at a compfortable pace. I passed a lot of runners and bikers, but nothing like Central Park. Actually, it was interesting passing someone wearing a New York sweatshirt.

I brought my camera for once, and took a lot of nice pictures. I'll post them next week when I get back.

Have a great weekend!

2 Comments:

Blogger kivster said...

awesome run danny! i am so jealous - I am going out tomorrow and dreading it. tried to find myself a route - we will see how it goes. catch you when i get back.

Saturday, October 07, 2006  
Blogger tinablue87 said...

Hey Danny!

Eight miles is awesome!! Looking forward to seeing the pictures.

Monday, October 09, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home