Friday, September 01, 2006

The weekend has arrived

Once again, the week has gone by, and I never made it to the track. I'm not sure that's such a ad thing, since my leg has been bothering me a little. I did get out for a quick run this morning. Not that it was quick in terms of speed, only quick in terms of time. I did about 5K in 32:35. I know it wasn't a race, but it was quite far off from my PR for that distance of 24:11. (If I had felt like I was jogging leisurely I wouldn't feel so bad. Why did it seem so hard?!)



I was tired this morning, since I had gone to the U.S. Open last night. It's really quite fun, but because of the Agassi match, I didn't really walk around as much as in the past. Pretty much everyone was in the main stadium watching Agassi. The match was pretty close, and the crowd was really boisterous. I was really upset that I couldn't stay until the end, but it didn't end until almost 1, and with all the traffic it takes an hour to get home. Of course the ending was amazing. I left with Agassi having lost the last two sets, and looking like he was falling apart. But about an hour later he had pulled off a 7-5 fifth set. Bravo!

One other fun thing I did was another wedding earlier in the week. The bride was from Toronto, and so my mom was in town. So were a bunch of other people from the "old country" so it was really nice. I was classmates with the bride's sister about a million years ago. She now has 5 kids of her own, but doesn't look that different.

The cool thing is that the bride was always a big tomboy growing up, and remains a huge sports fan. Now before all you girls out there start claiming that girls can be sports fans too, answer me this question: Would you have your wedding monogram made in the shape and color of the Toronto Maple Leafs logo?


(this was my placecard)

Plans this weekend?


That's right, I'm heading to New Haven this Monday morning. As I've alluded to earlier, I'm not really in top racing shape, but I am looking forward to meeting some of the powerhouses in the Running Blog Family.

Have a great weekend, everybody!

4 Comments:

Blogger Rae said...

Good luck in New Haven!! Several of the bloggers will be there, I'd love to do that one one day!

The Agassi match would have been very cool to be at!!!!

Friday, September 01, 2006  
Blogger nyflygirl said...

lucky!! i was at the Open during the day, I wish I could have seen the Agassi match!!

Good luck in New Haven! Looks like Ernesto will be out of the way by then...

Saturday, September 02, 2006  
Blogger Beanie said...

best of luck in the race. hope the weather is good for it!

Sunday, September 03, 2006  
Blogger April Anne said...

It was nice to meet you for a minute. I am sorry I wasn’t able to chat with you more. Maybe next year?!?

Monday, September 04, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home