Monday, August 28, 2006

Still going

5 miles yesterday, with my new running friends. We started early at 7, in honor of the NYC half marathon, which started at the same time. (Actually, for the winners, we also finished around the same time!) Caught a few minutes of rain at the end, but otherwise it was pretty good timing for a day full of pretty lousy weather.



I've definitely been running slower with my friends, but then again, it could just be that I'm not in the same shape I was before. It's nice to have people to run with. Not so much for the conversation; I'm perfectly happy listening to music (or Steve Runner), esecially for these relatively short runs. But the commitment is key. I think that all three times I've run with my friends, had it not been for them I probably would have just stayed in bed. But I can't do that knowing that they woke up at 6:30 to run with me! In any case, I'm enjoying the new camaraderie.

Today, I got in a little tennis. Another come from behind 6-4 win in the set. (At 5-4 I was really motivated to finish him off - knowing that at 5-5 the game would have to go to 7.) It wasn't pretty, but it was a nice workout. I can tell, because my left leg was hurting. I felt it a little during the last mile yesterday, and today it was acting up again. I'm going to have to take it easy this week.

Finally, just in case I've been the only one watching the sitemeter "odometer", I want to point out that a couple of days ago it went over 10,000 visits. (And that doesn't include my own visits!) I don't think I could have even imagined that number a year ago. Thank you all very much for the attention.

1 Comments:

Blogger Darrell said...

Way to go Danny. Running friends are very motivational. And whooping at tennis, too. I've never really tried tennis, I assume I'd suck.

Tuesday, August 29, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home