Sunday, December 31, 2006

2006 numbers

The last day of 2006 has finally come. Out of curiosity, I wanted to add up all the miles I've run this year. Although I use SportTracks to keep track of my runs, I generally don't record the runs I do without the Garmin, or those done on the treadmill. Thankfully, I was able to go back through the blog archives, and find most of those runs. I've added them to my SportTracks history, and I was able to come up with the following graph.



You can see that the early part of the year was unimpressive. (Though to be fair, I was swimming and cycling in the gym.) Then the next few months I had a few more races, and the mileage went up. Then I really slowed down in the summer, until the fall when I started training for the Philly Half.

All totaled I ran 422.5 miles in 2006. I know that's not too impressive to "real runners", but the number still sounds pretty good to me.

I've always been jealous of those runners who've kept track of their lifetime miles. It's kind of late for me, but I'm going to start doing that. As my base I'm including this year's 422.5 miles. I also looked up last year's marathon training schedule, and I recorded 363.6 miles there. Add to that the 26 miles I did in November and December of last year, after the marathon. Finally, I've run 84.8 miles just in the races I've recorded since 2000. (I have no idea how much running I did to train for those races, and I did run two half marathons in those years.) So just with all the running that I have recorded I have 897 miles to date. That's going into the sidebar as my lifetime miles to date.

Also going on the sidebar is my new weight loss goal. As I've mentioned before I'd like to get into better shape. I'd recently set a goal in my head, which corresponded to about 20 pounds in 20 weeks. (Reminiscent of Adam Tinkoff's blog, for anyone who reads that.) Sadly, it's now looking like 21 pounds in 19 weeks. In any case, I'm adding a button to my sidebar which will be updated as I update my progress on Traineo. I'm hoping this public announcement of my intentions will help keep me on track.

Happy New Year to everyone!

5 Comments:

Blogger rivkayael said...

Hatzlacha to your training and professional goals! May you remain injury free and dare I suggest...the year of the sub 4?

Sunday, December 31, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great updates--i'm going to start thinking about the lifetime miles thing...

happy new year!

Sunday, December 31, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ohhh, I'll join that weight loss challenge! Just don't read my blog because I'm doing it the wrong way.

: )

Sunday, December 31, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Runzikah Danny and with miles like those I'm sure you'll easily burn more than 21 lbs. in 19 weeks. You an inspiration...

Adam Tinkoff

Sunday, December 31, 2006  
Blogger Rae said...

Happy New Year!! I'm always so envious of people that know their lifetime miles, too!!

I've got 12 pounds to get rid of myself this year!!!

Monday, January 01, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home