Monday, January 01, 2007

The Start of 2007

I really didn't want to run in the rain today, but I didn't run yesterday because of a fast day in the Jewish calendar. So I was stuck with the schedule today. I dallied around in the morning while it was really pouring, and then went in to the hospital to see some patients. By the late morning it had slowed to a steady drizzle, and so out I went.

I managed to get my scheduled 10 miles in. I wore my old New Balance 806's because they're supposed to be "all weather". About half a mile in I was ankle deep in (cold) water, and my socks were soaked. So I ended up running the 10 miles in shoes that aren't great for me - for no good reason. My left shin is a little sore, but probably not too different than usual. Also, because of the wet socks the soles of my feet don't feel that great either. Oh well. At least I did the miles.

In addition to all the running, I was pretty good at watching what I ate today. I expect a nice drop on the scale tomorrow.

Below my weight progress button in the sidebar, I've added a training log record. I have to record my data from SportTracks in the Buckeye Outdoors program, but at least I can get weekly and monthly totals on the blog that way. I'm hoping SportTracks adds this function to their program soon.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, good for you for going out in the rain. You could have easily stayed home and didn't. That's a nice way to start off 2007.

Tuesday, January 02, 2007  
Blogger Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Great start for '07! I don't like to run in the rain either.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007  
Blogger ShoreTurtle said...

I love my Nimbus VIIs. I'm just about to retire my red ones and make my orange ones primary. I like the blue ones best.

I would like to do some of the NYRR races again this year. Maybe we can coordinate.

Enjoy your new shoes!

Friday, January 05, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home