Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Night running

After my stellar performance on Sunday, I took Monday off. I was on call, and ended up operating all night. That went into Tuesday, where I had scheduled cases. By Tuesday night I was wiped, and went right to sleep. So tonight, even though I had somewhere to be, I decided to run first and come late.

It was cold outside and I wasn't into it at first. But by a little before 2 miles I started to feel into the run. I wasn't cold anymore, and I was enjoying the music. The running didn't seem like such an effort. This is the closest I've ever been to that so called "runner's high".

I kept my Garmin below my jacket sleeve, so I wasn't constantly looking at it tonight. I thought I was really speeding at first, and I wasn't. Then I thought I was maintaining the same speed, and I was actually speeding up. Shrug. I sped up on purpose for the last mile.

The splits:



Pretty good for me.

In diet news, I'm doing well. Really sticking to it fo the most part, and I'm down 7 pounds already. In about 10 days. (I know, it's going to slow down.)

By the way, this is my 200th post. Hard to believe I've kept at this for so long. I've definitely slowed down since I've gotten busy, but I enjoy having you out there. It helps keep me on track. So thanks. And just on time for this momentous occasion...


8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

does Hallmark make a card for that?

Wednesday, January 10, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The progressive speed-up is what I try to do all the time. It seems to work for me.

Thursday, January 11, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i changed my traineo . . . better?

Friday, January 12, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Susan, being a biochemist and a woman, I feel free to blame it on the differing makeup of men and women--women in general have a tendency to store more fat and hence lose slower. But I think we also keep it off longer, if the weight is lost sensibly. I'd say that 1 lb a week is perfectly reasonable and gives you time to adapt to better habits that will stick. I set out to lose 20 lb BUT it was exam season so...*grin*. Good luck, stay injury free and enjoy the balmy running weather!

Friday, January 12, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love running at night, and in the rain - they both put me in such a meditative state that I don't even notice the miles, just my own feet and heart and lungs. I *almost* wish the early nights and rain would last all year!

Friday, January 12, 2007  
Blogger jeanne said...

7 lbs in 10 days!!! and smashing a PR!!! i could start to get jealous.
:)

Friday, January 12, 2007  
Blogger Rae said...

Wow!!! That's an awesome amount of weight so far! Keep up the great work.

Happy 200th! You don't look a day over 32 or 33.

Saturday, January 13, 2007  
Blogger Darrell said...

Kudos to you on the weight loss and running when you felt otherwise.

National Delurking Week - now there's a sign of the times.

Wednesday, January 28, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home