Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Week 4

I was on call this weekend, and really got hammered. (At work, not at a bar.) And so, I've really been busy this past week. I've managed to keep to my running schedule, but barely. Blogging is just becoming more and more difficult.

Quick recap of week 4.

Wedneday was speed day. I was scheduled for 5 x 1000m with 400m intervals. Target pace was 4:26. The results:

4:27
4:17
4:20
4:15
4:28

Not too bad, in my opinion.

Friday was tempo day. I was barely able to squeeze this in before candle lighting (the beginning of the Sabbath). The schedule called for 1 easy mile, 4 miles @ 8:06, and then another easy mile.

Average pace for the tempo part was 7:42. A little fast, but I felt good.

Saturday was rest, and Sunday I had 20 miles @ 9:45 on the schedule. And I was on call and had to round. And I had to be at a wedding in Brooklyn at noon. Soooo.... I woke up at 4:30 to go running. It took me a little time to wake up, but by 5:30 I was running.


I did a double out and back in the Bronx. (I didn't want to go to the city, because I was still on call.)


My averge pace was 10:02, which was slower than target. Looking at it now, I can see that I was still kind of sleeping for the first 7 miles. I was pretty much ok after that.

I rounded and rushed over to Brooklyn. Late, but in time for the reception. The wedding was fun, and somehow I ended up dancing a ton there. I think I sweat more at the wedding than I did during the run.




Week 5 is already in progress. Stay tuned for updates...

5 Comments:

Blogger londonjogger said...

wow, great reading, great details and very inspiring.

Thursday, August 16, 2007  
Blogger tinablue87 said...

The top left picture is great!

Friday, August 17, 2007  
Blogger Rae said...

GOODNESS! Are you somehow a mandatory name on every wedding list in NYC???? Are you some long lost prince or king or related to the Rockefellers or something???

Saturday, August 18, 2007  
Blogger Darrell said...

You do realize how beautiful that downward slope is on that 20 mile run. Nicely done.

I love Rae's comment. I think she's on to something.

Wednesday, August 22, 2007  
Anonymous Elli said...

Hi great reading youur post

Saturday, June 25, 2022  

Post a Comment

<< Home