Sunday, September 30, 2007

Toronto Waterfront Half Marathon – Briefly

1:42.11! (That’s more than 10 minutes off my old PR of 1:52:29!)

Ok, so I raced it. I checked my email this morning and saw Adeel in the comments giving me the go ahead to race. It kind of just happened, but I went for it.

Anyway, I’ll post more details when I have better internet access, but I had a great race. My ankles are a bit sore, but not too bad. Hopefully, I didn’t do anything bad, and I can get right back into my training. I’ll probably turn this week’s tempo run into an easy run on Tuesday, and do my speedwork on Wednesday. I then have another 3 day holiday, before my next long run on Sunday.

9 Comments:

Blogger Darrell said...

Yahoo! Quite the improvement. It is really hard not to go for it in a race. I don't that you've hurt your training at all. The confidence boost alone has got to be worth something.

Congrats!

Monday, October 01, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow! That is great! Funny thing is my PR on the half marathon is 1:52 and the next one is due for Sunday..could it be possible..???

Congratulations! Well done

Monday, October 01, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow--congrats! that's amazing. i don't think under 4 is going to be any problem at all...

Monday, October 01, 2007  
Blogger David H. said...

Congrats. I have found that races I don't plan to race hard end up being the best runs.

Monday, October 01, 2007  
Blogger Iron Jayhawk said...

Holy smokes! That is one sexy PR. Way to go!

Monday, October 01, 2007  
Blogger brent said...

holy moly. smokin'!!! great confidence booster for the full deal!

Monday, October 01, 2007  
Blogger ShoreTurtle said...

That's awesome Dr. Farkas. You are doing really well with the FIRST plan. Keep up the good work. I'm happy for you.

Wednesday, October 03, 2007  
Blogger Jason said...

Wow! That's really impressive. That's with the First plan? I might want to try that one as I'm getting tired of running 5 days a week.

Sunday, October 07, 2007  
Blogger peter said...

Fast time indeed. You've come a long way by smart, methodical training and battled through injuries as well. Good luck in your M.

Thursday, October 11, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home