Friday, August 17, 2007

I've lost my audience

The problem with posting every two weeks is that people stop coming. (Actually, for me it wouldn't matter. I read most blogs in bloglines.) I feel saddened at my dramatic decrease in comments...

And so, in an effort to reclaim my readers, here I am posting for the second time in the same week! (Will wonders ever cease?)

I've had one of the busiest weeks ever since I started this job. I did a ton of operating, and had a few things going on the social calendar as well. I'm totally wiped.

Running wise, I've gotten in my two runs this week. (Although no crosstraining, unless you count the wedding.) On Wednesday I did my speed workout. I was scheduled for 3 x 1600m with 1 minute rest intervals. My goal time for each interval was 7:19. I'd done this workout in the past, but with longer rests. This time I did it for real.

Here's how I did:
7:56 (I think I was still sleeping. Also, it's hard to push on that first interval.)
7:13 (Now we're talking.)
7:06 (A little fast, but I was happy to be finishing strong.)

Friday,I got in my tempo. Thankfully I ran in the morning, since it was thundering and lightning in the afternoon. The plan was for 2 miles easy, 3 miles at 7:51 pace, and 1 mile easy.



Turns out I was a bit fast, and really pushing that third mile. Felt good, though.


(I love the way these graphs look for tempo runs!)

Ok, time for Sabbath now. The day of Rest. (Thank God!) I'm going to gather up my strength before trying to tackle the 18 miler on Sunday.

Have a good weekend!

3 Comments:

Blogger tinablue87 said...

How did the 18 mile run go?

Sunday, August 19, 2007  
Blogger David H. said...

I'm reading! I check my list of blogs every day to see what everyone is up to. So keep on writing!

Monday, August 20, 2007  
Blogger peter said...

Holy cow! Your training is going great. And all that on a busy non-running schedule. (Getting ready for a marathon I hurt my foot 3 weeks ago. I went back and carefully read your spring posts when you hurt your foot during training. It helped.)

Monday, August 20, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home