Monday, September 17, 2007

20 miles in the early morning

So I actually dragged myself out of bed early this morning for my run. I'm very proud of myself.



I stayed local, because technically I was on call as of this morning. It's actually a pain running these long distances locally, since I have to repeat a lot of small loops to make up the mileage. I was told about a bridle path which had a 2.5 mile loop. I tried to take it, but it was a bad idea. First of all, it was really bad for my ankle. Secondly, I kind of got lost. I thought it was supposed to loop back, but in the end I just ran into the highway with no place to go. (It's in the top left of the above path. I got close to other parts of my run, but I was separated by train tracks. And a fence.) I ended up just retracing my steps - and was really glad to have a GPS watch. It did slow me down for a bit, though.

I was supposed to do these 20 miles at about a 9:03 pace. Which still seems so fast for these long runs...


The middle spike is where I decided to try and see if there was a path I was missing. I actually stopped and walked along this steep incline so as not to get hurt.



Looking at these a little more carefully, I can see that like usual, it took me about 4 miles to get warmed up. After that I was on, or faster, than target until I got lost. And after that I was really wiped out, but managed to stay fairly close to target for the rest of the way.

I'd be super impressed with myself if I wasn't limping around the rest of the day. It may have been the trail running, but this run took a lot out of me. I'm glad it's done though.

7 Comments:

Blogger Runner Susan said...

Your splits are really good, you should be proud!

Tuesday, September 18, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job with the 20 miles in the early morning. Keep up the good work. A friend of mine ran 20.45 on Sunday.

Tuesday, September 18, 2007  
Blogger londonjogger said...

great run danny. well done for fitting it in...

Tuesday, September 18, 2007  
Blogger Darrell said...

Way to "git 'er done", Danny. It sure it a nice feeling to get those things marked off the to do list. It is a great big step in the right direction for that "next" marathon!

Tuesday, September 18, 2007  
Blogger Rae said...

Great job!! You are going to blow NYC away!!!

Tuesday, September 18, 2007  
Blogger Jon (was) in Michigan said...

That does seem super fast. I need to start reading that book you recommended. I want to be fast too!

Thursday, September 20, 2007  
Blogger Iron Jayhawk said...

Hot damn! You're EN FUEGO! (mmm yeah, that's the extent of my spanish!)

Saturday, September 22, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home