Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Happy New Year!

No time for a good post. I did the Fri/Sat/Mon on call thing again, and got killed. I think I've done 15 cases since Friday, most of them emergently at off times. I'm wiped...

I'm upset that I never had time for my long run this weekend. I don't run on Saturdays, so it only leaves Sundays on the weekends. I set my alarm for 5:30, but with only a few hours sleep I just couldn't do it. Monday morning I had an early surgery scheduled, and couldn't fit in an 18 mile run beforehand. So I ran my tempo workout on Monday, with plans to run long Tuesday morning. No such luck. Operated late on Monday, and another patient with appendicitis came in early in the morning. (I've done 6 appendectomies since Friday!) So Tuesday was a no go. This morning there were special services, and I had to be in synagogue before 6. And in a couple of hours Rosh Hashanah starts, and so no more running this week. Sigh...

(Even Sunday is a fast day on the Jewish calendar, so I'm going to have trouble getting the next long run in. I'm going to try and get 20 miles in before work on Monday. That does not sound fun...)

Anyway, I'm upset, but hopefully it's for the best. My left foot has been having some plantar fascia problems, so maybe I needed the break.

I'd like to wish all those that are celebrating the upcoming holiday, a happy and healthy new year. (If you're not celebrating, I hope you have a nice Thursday and Friday too!)

I'll leave you with some pictures from last week's race in New Haven.



3 Comments:

Blogger E-Speed said...

wow you smoked the 20K! Hope you are able to get in some what sounds like much needed rest.

Thursday, September 13, 2007  
Blogger peter said...

It's always good to get a little rest.

Nice time in your 20K! I had a breakthrough race in a 20K last summer which led to my best season of racing ever but your time smoked mine by almost a minute. You are on track for a great marathon.

Sunday, September 16, 2007  
Blogger tinablue87 said...

those are great pictures!!!

Monday, September 17, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home