Tuesday, December 09, 2008

A Better Week

Managed to run those 3 runs last week, capped off by the 10K "race" on Sunday. I'm happy about that.

A little about the race. It was freezing Sunday morning. Not the "0 with the windchill" of Monday morning, but pretty cold nonetheless. Did that stop people from showing up? Of course not. 4,336 lunatics were out there freezing their butts off.

I spent the first few miles wondering why I do this. Why didn't I just run later in the day when it warmed up. Why didn't I just run on the treadmill. And so on.

Somehow by the end, I managed to remember why I do this. I put in a relatively terrible performance for me, but I still pushed harder than I would have done if I was by myself. So I was happy to get a good workout in.

My splits:
9:19
9:00
8:41
8:41
8:53 getting a little tired
8:37 pushing during the last mile
1:41

54:53 total. (Let's not think about the 47:23 I ran at this race last year.)

I still have some ranting to do about the NYRR, but I'm still waiting for their final response. I'll get to that later.

In other news, I bought a scale that actually works. I used to have a fancy scale that measured my body fat percentage and all sorts of other things. Only problem was that every time I got off the scale and back on, my weight changed. It was pretty annoying. So I bought a new scale for under 20 bucks, and it's perfect! Well not perfect, the result seems consistent, but 20 pounds too high. :-(

So I have some work to do now...

1 Comments:

Blogger Darrell said...

If its one of those scales with the little knob on the front to set the zero, just turn it down the wrong way a little. That fix that 20 lbs in a hurry.

Friday, December 12, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home