Monday, December 01, 2008

I Actually Ran Today

Sigh... it's been over 2 weeks. I've been so lazy, and unable to fight the weather. Pretty lame... In November I ran 26 miles total - the lowest monthly total since August 2006.

Anyway, this morning I had to pick up my old dental X-rays. I've been holding off getting them because it's a pain to find parking there. And so I came up with this idea. (Actually I got the idea from ShoreTurtle, who seems to "run" errands now and then.) So I ran over to the dentist, signed the paperwork, ran out for a short out and back, came back for the films, and ran home.



One errand, done.

I'm tempted to run tomorrow morning, but I know I'll end up with shin splints. I always point this out to my friends who don't run for months, then go all out every day for a week, and then complain that their legs hurt. So I'm going to try and avoid this, but still stay on the wagon. Thursday looks good, and Sunday I'm signed up for a race. (And I use the term "race" loosely...)

1 Comments:

Blogger Darrell said...

Lost your wisdom teeth, heh?

Running errands is a great way to get the run in and better yet no hassle with parking.

Wednesday, December 10, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home