Thursday, March 16, 2006

Partying a lot, Exercising a little

Well, I got my internet going again, at home. Unfortunately, not much to post in the way of exercise.

The last few days have been hectic. Sunday was the wedding. Monday was an after-wedding party. (I got to speak.) Tuesday was Purim. Yesterday was my day to go back to the gym. Alas, I was in a sluggish mood and didn't go out. I did some work stuff, so my night wasn't completely wasted. But no exercise.

Today, I got on the scale this morning for the first time in a few days. I was counting on having reached new heights. Strangely, I was 6 pounds less than the last time I weighed myself. So either this "see-food" diet is working, or more likely, I need a new scale.

I'm on call today for the first time at this hospital; we'll see how that goes. I hope to get to the gym at some point if I'm not busy, but swimming might be a problem. Oh wait, I forgot I have another after-wedding party tonight. Hmm... Maybe I'll get the gym in earlier. Have to see how things go.

In the meantime, here's a few pictures from the various different things going on this past week.


driving to brooklyn, brooklyn bridge
(have i mentioned i love bridges?)


this is the apartment my parents lived in when i was born
(i was nearby, so i made a pilgrimmage)

I didn't mention that on Purim the tradition is to dress up on costumes. When you're younger sometimes kids dress up as doctors. (No pressure there!) In fact, I heard my brother used some of my old scrubs this year to dress up a surgeon. Anyway, when you're in medical school it's not really that funny at that point. Actually, it's pretty uncool to dress up as a doctor. This year, now that I've finished medical school, residency, fellowship, and I'm working as a "real doctor", I came up with a great costume. I dressed up a medical student.


the subtelties are lost here, but i've got tons of things in my pockets, especially the classic medical student books, pens, penlights, a medical student badge, etc.

as a special present, here's last year's costume:


the patient. again, lots of subtelties: IV, NG tube, Foley, TED stockings, etc.

Here's a few of my friends this year:

the brokeback mountain cowboys. uh, with their kids.
(i know her mom reads this blog, so happy purim Mrs. W!)


Holy Purim Costumes! It's Batman and Robin!
(i think they were dressed like this the night they got engaged. but that's another story...)

So that was Purim. Next up, Passover.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rae said...

I love the costumes! Is there a reason you dress up? The Batman outfit looks exactly like the one we wore this year for Halloween.

Thursday, March 16, 2006  
Blogger LeahC said...

nice costumes!

I love the pic of the Brooklyn Bridge (really corny but my hubby proposed there :-) )

Thursday, March 16, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey! great picture of us! just don't give away our secret identity ;)

Sunday, March 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home