Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Upset

I've been really good, and yesterday my weight had reached a milestone I've been waiting for. However, it was the morning after my Sunday long run, and I refused to count it until I was there for two days in a row. Unfortunately, last night I had a family wedding...

Once the food is in front of me, I have no control. I specifically did not come early, so as to avoid the pre-ceremony "shmorg". I was kind of counting on the actual dinner being unimpressive, as it often is at these events. Nope. When I want the food to be bad, I'm of course disappointed.



Dessert didn't help either.


Part of this weight tracking is this obsession with weighing myself. Since I showered before the wedding, I stepped on the scale once I was in the bathroom. Over the course of 4 hours I was gone for the wedding, I gained 4.5 pounds! Ugh. The next morning's official weigh-in was three pounds up from the day before. So upsetting...

Sigh...

In iPod news, since the shuffle seemed to be working I took it out for my run on Sunday. I had a few things going on in the hospital, so I had my phone with me. The shuffle was working until about 3 miles in, when I got a phone call. I paused the shuffle, and then couldn't get it restarted. So annoying, since I had another 9 miles planned! In the end, I plugged my headphones into my blackberry, and was able to listen to music at least.

I was able to use it for an hour trip to Brooklyn yesterday, and a 45 minute trip back. Today, it worked fine on my run. So temperamental. I'm hoping to get the clip plus delivered tomorrow (super-saving delivery from Amazon is super-slow!) and so this might have been my last run with the shuffle.

Since I know you're all dying to know what happens, I'll keep you posted. :)

2 Comments:

Anonymous AnaVar said...

Hi! I just discovered the site, and reading older posts.. I enjoyed going through it and will visit you again soon! I started to run this spring and I hope I'll make it a habit.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010  
Anonymous smartwool said...

It happened to me too...and I often feel guilty about not being able to hold back when faced with delicious food..

Monday, September 20, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home