Thursday, October 07, 2010

Update - 1 Month to go

Yeah, I'm not so good at posting anymore. I guess facebook has kind of taken over. Just a lot quicker.

In any case, I've definitely been running. Let's see...

July 109 miles
August 151 miles (PR!)
September 133 miles

Total for the year so far: 717 miles. (Not bad, considering that at the beginning of March I was up to 2!)

I've been using the FIRST method, though a lot of my tempo runs haven't been too exact. I'm sure that will hurt my time, but I'm ok with that.

Also, I was away for the Jewish Holidays in Israel. Really tough to run there with all the hills and high heat. Between the location and the holiday schedule, I'm a little off. Today I ran for only the second time in 9 days: a 20 mile long run on Sunday, and a 10 mile tempo run today. I was pretty fast, but my knees hurt towards the end. I didn't want to stop, but it's concerning a little. And I'm supposed to run a speed workout tomorrow. We'll see...

Today marks 1 month to go until the marathon. I'm actually pretty tired of the training. It's been a big stress finding time for the runs, and making sure I do them. It's been good for me, no doubt. I've lost over 20 pounds and I've gotten much faster than when I started. But it's hard to fit it all in. May move back to the half after this one. (Though I'd have to eat less - which is a problem.) Needless to say, I'm looking forward to the taper.


5 Comments:

Blogger Jon (was) in Michigan said...

I was going to comment in New Haven that you looked like you had lost some weight, Danny.

Sounds like you are doing fine. High heat and hills do suck, but they make you tougher. Better to train in the heat and race in the cold, I say.

Thursday, October 07, 2010  
Anonymous David H. said...

Facebook is nice as are these other sites (I'm a big Daily Mile user now), nothing replaces a good blog. It'll all be in one big easy place to find things later. Things just disappear into Facebook land.

Anyway, glad to hear that things seem to be going so well. Keep it up in this last month!

Thursday, October 07, 2010  
Blogger Darrell said...

I too have gotten sucked into facebook. Glad to see that you are still at it. Good luck in the taper, crazy things seem to happen then.

Friday, October 08, 2010  
Anonymous Robin Harvie said...

Rather than going back to 1/2 marathons, you could always step up to ultra-marathons. You don't have to train that much harder and the recovery time is much shorter.

Saturday, October 09, 2010  
Anonymous arcteryx jackets said...

Good luck on your marathon! Go go go!

Wednesday, October 13, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home