Sunday, October 24, 2010

Not so fast...

Alright, I spoke too soon. I thought I was getting faster, but then I looked back at my 2007 times, and I'm not that fast.

Yes, I'm faster than I was 25 pounds ago, and at the end of this training cycle. But starting from a bad place means I didn't end in as good a place as I could have. I do seem to be running my interval runs well, but my tempo runs - which I think are clutch for marathon training - are a little off the pace.

In a way I'm kind of happy, since it helps me set some more realistic goals for the marathon. I'll discuss these at a later date.

In the meantime, the 15 day extended forecast has finally hit marathon day. Yay! It's time to obsess about the weather! (Even though I know they're not nearly accurate. They're generally not accurate for the next day, and at this moment, they're not even accurate about what's going on outside my window! But hey, I feel like this is part of the whole marathon process!)


1 Comments:

Blogger Jon (was) in Michigan said...

So very hard not to obsess about the weather. Seems like its predicting pretty warm weather for November, but still good temperatures for a race.

Monday, October 25, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home